Seductive aromas of dark red cherry, caramel, toasted coconut, an undertone of oak flavors and a sense of the Rutherford dust. This big Cabernet Sauvignon is smooth, evolves beautifully in the glass and exhibits intriguing layers of dark fruit, spice and savory herb notes as it opens up.
- APPELLATION: Rutherford
- VINEYARD: GIII
- AGING: Drink now, but decanter for 45 minutes or age through 2018-2038.
- CLONE: 4
- ROOTSTOCK: 039-16
- HARVEST DATE: September 23, 2014
- BOTTLE DATE: March 7, 2017
- COMPOSITION: 95% Cabernet Sauvignon, 2% Malbec, 1% Cabernet Franc, 1% Merlot, 1% Petit Verdot
- FERMENTATION: 4 day cold soak, 10 day primary, 13 day extended maceration.